tirsdag 22. mai 2012

Goodbye (Blue Sky)

My island! I will be staying at the one to the left.
 23.05.12 Bergen, Norway

So, this is where the story ends. I have arrived safely in Bergen, the city where the whole adventure started, and I have even brought the good Weather. The drive from Germany to Oslo was cold and fairly unpleasing, but could have been worse. I did at least not have any rain. In Oslo I spend three days at my sister’s place, playing with my nephews and looking at the capital with Mparany.

On the 18th of may I set of for a last small journey. I drove to Bergen, sleeping on a beautiful place in the forest close to Gol. The Weather was also not too bad, even if it was cold, especially over the mountains where I suspect that the temperature was around zero degrees Celsius.

Being back in Bergen is just fantastic. Yes, there are things about Norway I don’t like, and I will get bored eventually, but right now, it is just good to be back in a place where I have a network of friends and activities. I have been living with Trygve until tonight, but will move to my island tomorrow, having organized a boat today (or to be fair, Henning organized it for me). I would like to mention Andreas Støland, a good mate, who was a bit forgotten on the last post. He skyped with me regularly during the trip, and talking to him meant a great deal, so thanks for that, Andreas.

My plans for the summer is to work at Troldhaugen, a museum on Edvard Grieg, while living on a small island located only some minutes rowing from work. I will be living in a tent, but plan to build some kind of shelter to keep my stuff dry. If anyone would like to visit me on my island, they are very welcome. I will actually get a visitor all the way from America. Sonia, whom I met in Uganda, will be coming over very soon, so that’s something I look a lot forward too. When fall comes, I will be looking for some other job, and a place to stay.

Next sprig I intend to head off for some adventure again, but just what it’s going to be is unsure. I will come back to this when the time comes.

Everyone here asks me these questions of highlights and favorite country, and it is immensely hard to answer partly because I’m not much of a story-teller, and partly because Croatia is very different from Congo and Turkey from South-Africa. The country that left most stories, and was the scariest in many ways was Southern Sudan, but all the countries had things that made them special. In fact the only country I would not recommend you to go is Egypt. Zambia is a bit boring, but then again it was raining when I was there.

What I keep from this trip, rather than the great palaces, landscapes or monuments is the experience of traveling alone. It is an experience that I found really good. If you’re scared it is no good, but if you’re not, you get the possibility to dive into yourself. I feel like I have grown a lot, and become more radical in many ways. I guess that a soul lives a lot on new experiences, and traveling like that is just new experiences every day.

So, this is the end of the blog for this time. I will need to give you a last Pink Floyd wisdom today:

“Look Mummy, there’s no cloud up in the sky”
My camping-spot close to Gol

Mparany with Jakob

Colorful girls in Quedlinburg 

Sophie, my sister

Somewhere in Sweden. 

Markus!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Takker og bukker for ein siste bloggpost. Den gav meg ein kjærkomen pause no rett før eg skal ned og ha eksamen:) Forståeleg at det er vanskeleg å plukke ut beste plassane. Du har jo kryssa verda jo! opplever mykje av ulikt slag då:)
    Kult at du camper på ei øy (!) resten av sommaren! Må koma ut på vitjing ein gong. Blir i Polen til 1. juli, så blir det 1 mnd i Asia. Står sikkert og banker på teltduken i byrjinga av august:)

    SvarSlett
  2. Bare hyggelig. Jeg håper at eksamen gikk som en lek for deg. Asia høres spennende ut. Vi får begge fortelle å vise bilder i August.

    SvarSlett
  3. Jada. Gjekk veldig greitt eigentleg:) Biletframsyning i august høyres bra ut. Har nett kjøpt 2 x 16GB til med minnekort, så blir nok teke ein del bilete i løpet av turen:)

    SvarSlett