torsdag 25. august 2011

A Book

To do 35000 km. in 202 days, I'll have to do 173.27 km. every day. On a good road, this means two hours driving every day, on a bad one, some more. Two hours driving leavs me with a lot of time to do other things, like being a tourist, hanging around with people, and also reading. There is one book I'd like to read every day. This book is the bible. I'd like to read the bible from end to end, and hope to accomplish this durimg the trip. There are 1189 chapters in the bible, so I guess I'll have to read 5.89 ~ 6 chapters a day.

There is a simple reason for me, wishing to read the bible. The message of the bible is very clear at one point:

"37 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."
Matt 22. 37-39

To keep the right focus, and meet people the way I'd like to (see post "A Vision") I'll need help from above- the place all love comes from. John Frusciante has a very beautiful song on his brilliant record, "the Emphyrian", that goes as follows:


"Whatever you create from love
is a gift from a plae which some call above
There's only the forces of hate and love
one breaks things down and one builds them up"
John Frusciante, one more of me

I think the bible i a good book to read for everyone, Christian or not, and for me, Hans-CHRISTIAN, more than anyone...=)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Inspirerende, Hans. Leste ikke også Hjelland bibelen forresten?

    SvarSlett
  2. Stemmer det. Flere ganger tror jeg.

    SvarSlett