mandag 5. desember 2011

Round and Around

Aswan 05.12.2011


I just wanted to let you know that my struggle today was in vain, and that I won't be leaving Egypt before next Monday. To have a chance to be in Addis some days before Christmas-eve, I will go to Cairo tomorrow, and fix my Ethiopian visa. That means that I wont have to wait until Sunday, a working day, in Khartoum to do that, but can go start to the Ethiopian border when I get out of the port in Wade Halfa on Thursday the 15th.

From WH to Addis Ababa it is 2200 kilometers on the most direct route, and 2500 on the Dogola-Khartoum route. Either way I should be able to make that distance in 6 days, if Wombosi plays nicely and the Ethiopian border does the same. That would take me to Addis on the 21th.

To mourn now is useless. Yesterday, when there still was hope, I was extremely down. Now when it's game over, I accept the defeat. I will focus to prepare as best as I can for the time in Sudan, so that things run smoothly, and I've learned a lesson about African/Arabian bureaucracy.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar