lørdag 13. august 2011

Companions

Some days ago, I booked Tickets for the Ferry from Bergen to Hirtshals. I'll be leaving on the 2. of September, in less than three weeks. Time is going fast now, and I thought it to be time to present my companions.

"Team Namibia", Roger, me, Ole-Martin and Trygve
My good friend Roger was the first (and only yet) to buy tickets. He will be meeting me in Addis-Ababa in early January, and will join me all the way to Malawi. I look a lot forward to this, since I have traveled with Roger before (notably in Namibia last fall), and know how relaxing and inspiring it is to travel with him.

My father will also be joining me for some time. Most likely on the road from Khartoum (Sudan) to Addis-Ababa (Ethiopia), and in South-Africa. I value his knowledge and Experience, and hope that we will have two nice periods together on the road. Mparany, my brother in law, might also show up in South-Africa with Markus, his little son.

Except for this, little is sure. I think and hope that Ole-Martin and Trygve (both from "team Namibia") will find time and money to  visit me. The Mediterranean coast is beautiful and rather cheap to visit, so I hope to see at least one of them there.

Jørgen Haaland will do what he can, to Visit me and Roger in Uganda, if the crazy polish professors manage to make some kind of plan for the semester brakes in February.

Andreas Sørås is also eager to take part, but I'm not sure where and when. Last time we talked, he wanted to do Syria and parts of Jordan with me. This would make me very happy, because Andreas is a good man, and because Syria is a little scary alone.

As you can see, there is still a lot of space in the car. If you are eager to meet me somewhere, leave a comment, or write me an e-mail, and I'll see what I can do. I'm looking forward to my solitude, but some company will surely make me happy.

2 kommentarer: